Our interdisciplinary team assists both our short-term rehabilitation patients and our long-term residents. Short-rehabilitation patients set goals and begin discharge planning from day one with our interdisciplinary team in order to make each day spent with us count. We also strive to make our long-term residents’ time spent with us meaningful. We work to make them feel at home and provide individualized care based on each resident’s needs.
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Exercise programs
- Activities to improve control and muscle balance
- Activities to improve cognitive impairments
- Fall prevention program
- 24 hour nursing care and supervision
- Provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living: feeding, dressing, bathing/hygiene
- Nursing supervised dining
- Medication management
- Specialist referrals
Valley View focuses on individual activity preferences of residents, facilitates bonding among our residents and staff, and encourages residents to set and accomplish new goals.
- Activity programs seven days a week
- Numerous socials and seasonal festivities
- Family get-togethers
- Large outdoor deck for outdoor activity programs
- Holiday parties and outdoor barbecues
- Community volunteer programs including church services and pet therapy
- Registered dietician monitors residents’ nutritional needs
- Plans meals with residents’ likes and dislikes incorporated
- Special dining events like holiday parties and outdoor barbecues
When the need arises for residential care or rehabilitative care, Valley View Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is working to redefine healthcare in Sussex County to meet the needs of our community.